Friday, August 6, 2010

The Knot Is Tied!

The event was lovely, just as low-key and relaxing as hoped for. Which is real good since the journey to O/our honeymoon was a bit draining, lol. W/we had a lovely time though. This work-week has been just a little rough around the edges due to the slow recovery from jet-lag and re-establishing normal sleep patterns. But so very worth it!

I've been realizing (slowly) that some of my self-worth issues are still alive and well, even if deeply hidden. It came to my conscious mind while dealing with gifts, specifically the receiving of gifts for O/our wedding. And it reared it's unattractive head more than once and with a variety of people. It seems that I'm uncomfortable receiving gifts. Extremely. The feeling of unworthiness is quite strong, even though it doesn't like to be called by that name.

Apparently, calling our demons by name, recognizing and calling them out, is important. Demons like to hide behind politeness and niceties so they appear to be other than a demon. So, I'm working on naming it, holding it accountable, and banishing it from my psyche.

I know there will always be bits with me, but in time I hope the positive and healthy will easily conquer the negative and unhealthy. I am worthy. Of gifts, of mental health, of happiness, and all things bright and beautiful! (My new mantra.)

:)

.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! May you two find peace, love that increases every year, lots of happies and amazing, mind blowing juicy SEX!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE hugs Mrs PD!!

    I love the new mantra...and to me its very fitting. You ARE bright, and you ARE beautiful. You always have been to me my friend.

    So glad your special day was all you wanted it to be.

    My fond regards to PD, and you much love xxx

    ReplyDelete