Sunday, June 1, 2008

Servant's Retreat

I spent the past few days at a seminar called "Servant's Retreat" at the Playhouse Studios in Baltimore. The Retreat is given/led/facilitated by a wonderful Ma'am by the name of Catherine Gross.

This has been a wonderful experience, very thought-provoking, and growth-providing. I'm incredibly appreciative of the folks at BESS who presented Ms Gross, as well as to Ma'am herself for giving of her time and energy in an attempt to help me grow.

I also have to say the wonderful people who were present with me in the Retreat made a huge difference. There were so many times when I didn't know how to say what I was feeling - and one of them would nail it. I feel like there are people who get me, and who I get.

Ladies, thank you. All of you.
.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that I couldn't attend this wonderful workshop but graduation celebrations were on the menu for my family!

    If I had attended, it would have been the second time around for me (and worth every penny). I was a participant at the Servants Retreat in November of 2005. It was so eye opening at the time and such an amazing growth experience. I absolutely love Catherine Gross and her thought provoking questions and magnetic personality.

    After attending the retreat I reflected on all of the questions asked and answered. I archived them in my blog and on several occasions I've re-read my responses to compare my thinking then and now. It's really worth saving what you wrote and looking back!

    I'm so glad you went and had that bonding experience with everyone there! I look forward to hearing about your experience! :)

    ReplyDelete