Sunday, January 27, 2008

Instruction Manual


Master once remarked about the "Proper care and feeding of His submissive". That phrase has stuck with me and is a very good way to describe the little things day by day that go into caring for another. And I don't think it only applies to submissives, but is also the "Proper care and feeding of my Master". We all must take care of the significant people in our lives as well as ourselves. Sometimes we need a little help knowing what and how to best care for ourselves, our children, our partners, our parents, or anyone else you can think of. It would be so much easier if there was an instruction manual to tell us the "Proper care and feeding of *insert word here*" But since there isn't, we must feel our way, trust ourselves, rely on our gut instinct, and always search for balance. Sometimes it doesn't seem like taking care of ourselves and taking care of a significant other in our lives can both happen at the same time. But with careful thought, open communication, and love in our hearts, the care of our loved ones will also feed us.

2 comments:

  1. FYI - This was originally posted on my Yahoo 360 on 12/15/07. One of my favorites that I wanted to share here. There's quite a few more that are going to find their way here as well. I don't want to lose them, and I like the idea of having them all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Friend ~koritzee~ shared the following comment when this was first posted:

    "This is a wonderful post and so true... I count my blessings everyday. Just as I take care of Master he takes care of me. It is a delightful intertwining of souls that feed each other in mind, body, heart and spirit..."

    ReplyDelete