Saturday, January 5, 2008


I've been having a few unpleasant health issues which were beginning to worry me, when I remembered the list of side-effects which go along with the new migraine medicine the Dr has presribed. This is a daily regimen designed to prevent the migraines, rather than the meds I was taking to stop them once I had a migraine. And once I remembered the side-effects I was much relieved. The side-effects aren't fun, but I believe they are manageable, and since I haven't encountered a migraine since I began the medicine, I'm thrilled! It's much easier to accept unpleasant things when I know they're part of the big picture for something really positive. (I can't think of anything more positive then being migraine free!!)
.
O/our son continues to struggle with some stress related health issues, and I hope we will continue to make progress with that too. His job search continues, but will be fruitful in time I am confident.
.
You may recall this past winter and spring as O/our dog Duke went through 3 surgeries. He's a trouper. The problem persists, the surgeon is frustrated at not being able to remove the bad organ causing the hyper-calcimia (because he can't find the rogue organ, it's somewhere sub-cutaneous.) So we can decide to do another surgery, maybe find the problem, maybe not, maybe cure Duke, maybe not, maybe lengthen his life, maybe not. W/we have not come to a conclusion yet, he's such a happy dog, healthy in everyway except for this excess calcium. The sad fact is the toll it is going to take on his kidneys over time. For now, he continues to play and be his usual happy cheerful self. The mixture of Chow and Yellow Lab is amazing and shows in his personality as well as his physical beauty.
.
All in all, life is good during this start of 2008. Perhaps I would think of what is wrong and be sad or upset, but so much more fruitful for me, those around me, and the overall energy of the universe if I would think of what is right and be happy, and at peace. In time anything that I perceive as "wrong" will work out, and a new set of "wrongs" will be here to take their place.
.
Blessings and peace to each of you.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment