Monday, January 19, 2009

What A Surprise

So I know I've been quiet lately. A couple weeks ago I felt some physical symptoms which I thought were fairly minor. On my way to the Dr to get fixed up I had an emergency call from my elderly Mom which led me to take her to the ER instead of getting myself checked out.

Hours later she was admitted, I was finally able to go home and get some rest. The next day I was feeling drained, and decided to rest before going back to the hospital to see to Mom.

The following day I was definitely going to go to the Dr for myself, when I got a call that Mom was being discharged and I needed to go pick her up. Of course then it was hours spent getting her settled at home, going to the pharmacy for her prescriptions, etc. And this was after I had worked all day.

I was finally so exhausted I went home to bed, and determined to go to the Dr the next day after work. That didn't work out so well, as a few hours into my work day I was so sick I had to leave. I spent the next 3 hours in the Dr's office receiving treatments before insisting that I was going home. 8 days later I was finally well enough to go to work again. I won't bore you with the dreadful details of how sick I was and what exactly was happening to me. They knew there was a bacterial infection of some type, my internal organs were not working properly, and they treated me with antibiotics. Which did help.

My last dose was this past Friday, and by yesterday I knew the symptoms were coming back. So to the Dr office I went again today, expecting another round of antibiotics since the last one didn't completely clear everything up. I'm not as sick as I was 2 weeks ago, and I want to keep it that way.

Only now, they were actually able to discover what was and is wrong, and it was not a kidney infection, nor an intestinal infection as was suspected. It is actually a bad gall bladder. Maybe just stones, but the suspicion is the whole organ is bad. They've now figured out that the reason I was in such a bad way previously is because the gall bladder became so infected that it compromised my liver.

Anyway, tomorrow I must call the surgeon and we'll see where we go from here. I suspect there will be further tests to undergo and decisions to make, although it does seem certain that the organ must come out. I'm fine with that - anything that can make me this ill must go - it's simply not welcome in my body as far as I'm concerned!

In the meantime, the pain comes and goes, and while it isn't debilitating, it's still darned painful. I'm hoping the surgeon can see me soon, and has a solution soon too.



  1. I have been there and done that. Get it out....doesn't even leave a scar the way they do it now. Best of luck and feeeeel better.

  2. I'm with barbie. I haven't had problems myself, but watched my mother go through some pretty rough times until she had hers removed. No problems since.

    Will keep my fingers crossed for an early resolution to this for you sweety.

    love and hugs xxx

  3. Hi Tapestry:
    I'm sorry you've been feeling so lousy. I am praying for a quick recovery, and that this will all behind you very soon.
    Take care,

  4. Barbie - why do we seem to have so very much in common? I feel like we should know each other! I'm sorry that often what we share are life's difficulties, even as I know we also share joyful commonalities!

    Thanks M:e - I have a niece as well as my Dad who dealt with bad gall bladders, and you're right, once it's out everything is sooo much better!

    AG - Thanks for your well-wishes, I'm hoping for a speedy resolution too!

    I meet with the surgeon on Thursday, and I hope she moves swiftly to remove this sickly organ and restore me to good health.

  5. I hope so too - I know that it is hard not being in balance. I want you back on the road to inner peace.