Sunday, May 14, 2006

You Are My Quiet, I Am Your Wild


"You Are My I Love You" by Maryann K. Cusimano


I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; you are my wild.

I am your calm face; you are my giggle. I am your wait; you are my wiggle.

I am your carriage ride; you are my king.

I am your push; you are my swing.

I am your audience; you are my clown. I am your London Bridge; you are my falling down.

I am your carrot sticks; you are my licorice. I am your dandelion; you are my first wish.

I am your water wings. You are my deep. I am your open arms; you are my running leap.

I am your way home; you are my new path.

I am your dry towel; you are my wet bath.

I am your dinner; you are my chocolate cake. I am your bedtime; you are my wide awake.

I am your finish line; you are my race. I am your praying hands; you are my saving grace.

I am your favorite book; you are my new lines. I am your night-light; you are my starshine.

I am your lullaby; you are my peekaboo.

I am your good-night kiss; you are my I love you.

.
Happy Mother's Day, to all. I've had a lovely weekend so far, visiting Master's Mom yesterday, and today we'll see my Mom. I hope that you enjoy the day however you like, with your children, without, with your Mom, without. Just enjoy and know that you are special.

I gave the book above to my son for Christmas this year. Yes, he's 14, and too old for children's story books, but at 14 he doesn't allow much in the way of "expressions of love" anymore, and I needed to express my love, so I gave him the book, not sure how he'd react to it. I need not have worried, he understood what I was saying, and in fact, has kept the book out on his computer desk ever since Christmas. So no matter how old you are or how old your children are, sometimes a children's story book says it best.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment