Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I'm sometimes the first person to see what I do wrong - and beat myself up for it, especially when it comes to raising my son. I work hard at reprogramming the inner voice of irrational thought and teaching myself the positive inner thoughts of rational thinking.

Today I got a lot of help with that, when my teenage son gave me a note inside a Mother's Day card. The note says:

"To the best mom out there. Thank you for being a great mom and always being there for me. There's no doubt in my mind that if you weren't such an awesome mom I'd have had no way to get where I am today or be prepared to go on to greater things. I guess that's it. Writing isn't my strong point just thanks for everything you've done for me and I love you mom."

Wow.

God knows, that I have certainly tried very hard to be a good mother to my son, and have carefully and deliberately chosen how to raise him and how to parent him. And in spite of the bad choices I've made, he's a truly amazing person, perhaps one of the most remarkable people I've ever met. I've been head-over-heels in love with him since the day he was born (probably before that!) And I'm thrilled to have him put his feelings into words. And for those who don't know him, the actual writing down on paper is a big deal too - he HATES to write! I taught him to type at a very young age (3-5 yrs old) so he wouldn't have to write. But he wrote this out - on paper with a pen, and I can keep it forever. :)

Go me!
.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful when our children truly recognize us as important people in their lives and great parents!

    I love hearing about all of the wonderful things "A" does and how much you love him. The two of you have a beautiful relationship!

    Congrats!

    BTW!!!!... When does he get the results of his tests?
    xoxox

    Lady

    ReplyDelete