Monday, May 19, 2008

Not Strep But...

OK - back from the Doctor, feel much worse than I did before I left - seems odd. Anyway, not strep, but it's called pharyngitis (inflammation and infection of the pharynx). And it's not like I could talk anyway cause it hurt so daggone much - but now they've gone and put me (officially) on "Voice-rest".
.
omg!
.
Me????? Not allowed to talk? How absurd.
.
W/we have friends, an M/s couple, and He frequently puts her on Mute (I think that's insanely cruel, but hey, that's not my place to say!) Thank heaven Sir has never felt compelled to do that to me. Only now the Doctor has done it for Him.
.
Of course our teen-age son is thrilled, lol. Brat. But that's OK - I can still give him tasks to do through writing them down on paper with ink. (More than one way to skin a mommy! (or a teenager, whatever...)
.
So about all I can manage at the moment is a nap - which is good since that's what Sir instructed me to do when I got home from the Doctor. In the mean-time He's meeting a friend of ours at the other house so the friend can take the Master bed (head-board, foot-board, sides, the 4 posters and top rail.) It isn't going to be part of our home here, and while it's in excellent condition and I'm certain W/we could have sold it, W/we agreed it was much more satisfying to give to a "good home" for free. And indeed. it is a wonderful feeling to know that it will bring beauty to the home of friends.
.
ttfn
.

2 comments:

  1. oh no, Beth! i'm soooo sorry you're sick (and again!).

    don't know if there's anything i can do to help, but i volunteer D and myself if you can think of something we can do for you!

    xoxo
    --haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take care of that, strep can be very bad, it can affect your heart. We all know what a wonderful heart you have and wouldn't want anything to happen to it.

    ReplyDelete